Automotive technical news, views, tests and information
Wednesday 23 April 2014 • 18:11 GMT • Last update 16:46



Wing has two automotive meanings. It is the British name for the body panel which incorporates the wheel arch - what Americans would call a fender.

Wing is also the term for an aerofoil-section aerodynamic device which can be mounted on a car to provide downforce (above). Aerodynamic wings on cars are 'upside down' compared to wings on aircraft, so that they generate downforce rather than lift.

Choose a letter from the Jargonbuster

Choose from above to see the list of jargon for that letter,
or see the full Jargonbuster list here


Share this page

Read more on cartechnical.co.uk