Automotive technical news, views, tests and information
Thursday 24 April 2014 • 10:59 GMT • Last update 16:46


In engine design, a rocker is a component which transfers motion from a cam lobe to a valve or pushrod. It is pivoted at its centre and 'rocks' back and forth as the cam rotates – hence its name.

Choose a letter from the Jargonbuster

Choose from above to see the list of jargon for that letter,
or see the full Jargonbuster list here


Share this page

Read more on cartechnical.co.uk